Saturday, May 7, 2011

Parker's surgery! March 1, 2011

This was a very scary day for me. What mother wants to see their child have to go in for surgery. Parker had a cyst the size of a little ball by his right ear. It would hurt him from time to time so we let his doctor know about it. We watched it for a little while and then it was starting to grow so we knew he needed to have it looked at again. Well, after going to a few other doctors they said they were going to remove it. I was glad that it was going to be gone because of the pain that it caused him. But, I was so scared for him to have surgery and what they might really find in there.

This is me trying to get Parker to let them take his vitals! So far he was doing good!
He liked the big bed but, it scared him a little too! ( I love the HUGE red socks!)



I was all ready to take him back. They were so nice to let me be with him tell they got him to sleep. I was so worried about my baby going back there alone crying and it being so scary. But, on the other hand it killed me to hold my crying baby down why we tried to knock him out. So sad I walked back to the waiting room and just starting crying. I wanted my mommy. ( My mother lives in Colorado and was unable to make it out for this.)

Daddy playing with Parker! Trying to keep him happy. They have you come so early and my little guy does not like to sit still. So we were all over the place there.


( Where did Parker GO??)

There he is with a beautiful huge smile!









Love the huge red socks again! ;)

He was having a great time running back and forth from daddy to grandma. I was taking pictures and feeding Paige!





The surgery went great! They were able to get everything out. It was a lot bigger then we were all thinking. But, it is all clean and we should have no more problems from it. They had us come back when he was starting to come out of it. They had him in a crib and he hated it so one of the nurses held him and then gave him to me. Best feeling in the world to hold you baby again after something like that.



Paige wanted to eat again so daddy got a turn holding Parker! Parker got an ice cream thing, he was so excited and loved it. I thought forsure he would be in a ton of pain and be so upset when he woke up but he was so HAPPY! Really tired at first but happy.







When we got home he just wanted the bag of toys we brought with us. He did not need any pain meds and has done great. He is so big and grown up. I am a very proud mama!!



Parker being silly!

No comments: